We’re helping make homes more energy efficient to reduce your energy bills and create more good jobs in .
Want to know more about the Canada Greener Homes Initiative and the ways you can retrofit your home to reduce your carbon footprint? Here are a few examples ️ pic.twitter.com/ItdkQs1sPu
— Ahmed Hussen (@HonAhmedHussen) June 17, 2022
The Federal Government has announced a new interest-free loan program to help homeowners and affordable housing providers complete deep home retrofits.
The Canada Greener Homes Loan is designed to help up to 175,000 eligible homeowners undertake deeper, more costly retrofits that will have a significant impact in reducing a home’s environmental footprint, energy bills, and improve home resilience. Interest-free loans of up to $40,000 will be available per household.
The first phase, starting on June 17, 2022, will be open to eligible homeowners who are applying or have an open application (pre-retrofit stage) to the Canada Greener Homes Grant. The second phase, starting in early September 2022, will expand the eligibility to homeowners who have closed their application (those who have requested their post-retrofit evaluation or grant), but still have remaining eligible retrofits they are interested in pursuing, that have not not yet commenced.
Click here for more details on eligibility and how to apply to the Canada Greener Homes Loan.
The Canada Greener Homes Loan is part of the Canada Greener Homes Initiative. The program builds on the Canada Greener Homes Grant offered by Natural Resources Canada (NRCan) in helping Canadian Homeowners across Canada improve the energy efficiency of their home.
- Global Trust Asset Management LLC Has $3.46 Million Stock Position in Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE:LOW)
- Homeowners should use caution when contracting services for home improvement projects
- To Speed Home Improvement Financing, Southfield Fintech Credibly Acquires ProApprove
- Trinity Legacy Partners LLC Sells 8,235 Shares of The Home Depot, Inc. (NYSE:HD)
- Raub Brock Capital Management LP Purchases 513 Shares of The Home Depot, Inc. (NYSE:HD)