January 22, 2023
The Hord Coplan Macht Scholarship Fund celebrates Hord Coplan Macht’s long-standing relationship with Morgan State University’s School of Architecture and Planning. Together, the two entities have provided scholarships and formed a successful mentorship and internship program, offering numerous students extracurricular education, employment and growth opportunities since the partnership’s inception.
“Our relationship with Morgan State University is a key part of HCM’s commitment to improving diversity in the AEC industry. By providing financial support to HBCU architecture and landscape architecture students, we are able to help ease financial constraints that can impede the completion of an expensive degree. We are incredibly proud to offer this funding to the next generation of designers from underrepresented communities,” said Cynthia Shonaiya, Morgan State M.Arch ‘98 and Principal at HCM.
Scholarships will be awarded to qualified students based on academic achievement and demonstrated financial need. Eight students have previously been awarded with the Hord Coplan Macht Scholarship Fund, and the firm’s recommitment will support the education for 20 undergraduates in the years to come.
“This scholarship supports our mutual goal of making design practice more reflective of society and responsive to its needs.” said Laurel McSherry, Program Director, Graduate Program in Landscape Architecture at Morgan State University.
About Hord Coplan Macht
About Morgan State University
- These under $30 gardening tools are perfect for your dad with a green thumb
- I’m a gardening expert and here's why you SHOULDN’T buy cheap tools - they’re only good for posing for selfies
- Dior Launches Gardening Set Complete With Stool, Spade, Rake
- At Swords to Plowshares in Guilford, guns to become garden tools
- Dior launches gardening set complete with a Dior Saddle-inspired stool