Effectively designing a small home can be tricky, but with some imagination and creative design hacks, you can transform a small home into a comfortable, functional, and stylish space that can accommodate all your needs.
“For this 500 square-foot apartment in Mumbai, we maximised every square foot possible. The home tells a story of local craftsmanship, artisanal works, natural materials and minimalism through reverential tones of nature—without making spaces cluttered. The intent was to take a road less travelled and let local art, craft and workmanship take centerstage while keeping the grammar simple and sublime,” says Shah. Read on for more tips on designing small homes and maximizing space.
1. Choose a colour palette of muted monotones
Earthy, neutral colours reflect light and create the illusion of a bigger and brighter space. This is one of the oldest tricks in interior design. However, Shah suggests that one shouldn’t let the colour scheme be restricted to the walls and flooring and furniture.
2. Keep the furniture clean-lined
- Homeowners should use caution when contracting services for home improvement projects
- Sale Shopper Alert: Amazon Prime Day Savings Start Now
- STOCKROOM Presents Modern Pieces Of Furniture Made Of Best Q...
- After many twists over 25 years, a furniture store owner in the west metro decides to close
- Antique furniture is new again | Keys Homes